Monday, April 1, 2013

A-Z begins with Asher...

First, a little ditty about this A-Z blogging challenge. For those of you who don't know what this entails, the challenge calls for bloggers to pick a topic and write something about that topic each day (except Sundays) during the month of April, and that our daily post topics have to follow the alphabet. Fun? Absolutely. Masochistic? ....maybe.

I'm using this A-Z madness to peek inside the many layers and players in my debut YA fantasy novel, Moonlit, which officially releases April 16th. Just so you have some backstory, here's the back-of-the-book summary:

Eighteen-year-old Tanzy Hightower knows horses, has grown up with them on Wildwood Farm. She also knows not to venture beyond the trees that line the pasture. Things happen out there that can’t be explained. Or undone. Worse, no one but she and the horses can see what lurks in the shadows of the woods.

When a moonlit ride turns into a terrifying chase, Tanzy is left to question everything, from the freak accident that killed her father to the very blood in her veins. Broken and confused, she turns to Lucas, a scarred, beautiful stranger, and to Vanessa, a charming new friend who has everything Tanzy doesn’t.

But why do they seem to know more about her than she knows herself?


Now that you're all caught up, let's get started.

Day one begins with A, and I think it's so fitting for this challenge to begin with my villain, Asher. He's pretty - and I mean pretty - except for the startling feature of colorless eyes. And he does have a bit of a temper. But there's so MUCH to him. Unfortunately, I can't give many details about him away without spoiling some twists and turns that potential readers will experience along the way.

Here's what I can tell you: Asher is OLD (but remember, pretty.) He is an Unseen, and Unseens were never born, and can never die. They simply are. Birth and death are forbidden in their world, which coexists with ours like two plays on one stage. And I will tell you that Asher's goal is to break one of those rules... and that's all I can say about that!
 
 
Learn more about this crazy A-Z blogging challenge on the official website:

15 comments:

  1. I loved hearing a bit more about your book! Now I'm curious which rule he wants to break and why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charity! I can't wait to see what you think about it :) I'm ordering the Magic Wakes this week!!

      Delete
  2. Awesome hearing about Asher. Your story sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asher is a great start to the challenge! And yes- pretty. LOL
    ~Summer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I like Revolution. Glad it's finally back on (what was with 4 months off the air? Terrible). Great idea for a theme! You'll probably discover things about your own work.

    Here is my "A" post for the A to Z challenge: A Girl and her Diary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I like him as Asher! I did picture him more spooky looking. I love Moonlit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kerri!! Asher is a tad spookier than Justin. Shock white and then the whole eye thing. But as I can reveal more depth about him in the series, I think he will snarl less. :)

      Delete
  6. Visiting from a-z. It is a great theme. How excited you must be about April 16.
    Katie atBankerchick Scratchings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! What a mind and imagination! I think your book is going to be really good! I like your actor choice too! Very nice. Ah, to be young again!! Ha Ha Good luck with many sales!! www.sandysanderellasmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, y'all! I failed to mention that the kindle version is now only $1.99 on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Moonlit-Jadie-Jones/dp/1937178331, and the paperback version is also on sale! I'm digging the instant comraderie from A-Z! Off to check out some other people's A posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an intriguing villain. I like your A to Z theme. I am a new follower. Congratulations on your book debut. I will be sure to purchase it on April 16th. It sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa! Just fyi - the Kindle version is on super sale at $1.99 on amazon, and print copies are also reduced on amazon - and there are only ten copies left at this point. (they'll order more, of course, but I don't know if they'll be discounted right away.) http://www.amazon.com/Moonlit-Jadie-Jones/dp/1937178331

      Delete
  10. He's an Unseen...so intriguing! I love the name Asher. Congrats on the new book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Asher is a great villian--love to hate him:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just stopping by on my tour of A to Z...I'm impressed to see your novel coming out this month. Congratulations! I hope it does well.

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on, y'all.